Letter from Bob Williams Director, Independent Living Administration
I am pleased to inform you that a new, permanent reporting system, ACLReporting, will soon be available for Independent Living (IL) grantees. When it is launched in the coming weeks, ACLReporting will permanently replace the ACL-MIS reporting tool. ACLReporting is intended to be a secure, accessible, and user-friendly system to support submission of plans and performance reports for a number of ACL programs. We have been working closely with the ACLReporting developers to ensure that the new system meets your needs for accessibility and ease of use.
ACL developed ACLReporting to replace legacy systems, including ACL-MIS, which you previously used to submit both plans and performance reports. ACL is aware of a number of security and performance issues with ACL-MIS; as a result, the ACL-MIS tool will NOT be used for FY 2016 annual grantee reports.
Here are the essential facts regarding the transition to the new system:
· The 704 data you will submit has not changed; only the manner in which you input the data will change.
· As it pertains to 704 Part II Reports, ACL anticipates training on the ACLReporting system to be available between November 14, 2016 and December 2, 2016.
· ACLReporting will be available for data entry immediately after training completion, which will be no later than December 5, 2016.
· Since the submission period will start late this year, a one-time extension to FY 2016 data reporting will be granted.
· The submission for FY 2016 data reporting will be extended to 11:59pm (EST), January 31, 2017.
As it pertains to 704 Part I Reports, ACL anticipates training on the ACLReporting system to be available shortly. Additional details regarding the submission timeline for the 704 Part I Reports will follow.
We know that a change in systems is always difficult and require extra time and efforts on your part. ACL will provide grantees all the technical assistance required to be successful during this transition.
Additional guidance will be provided prior to the availability of grantee training.
If you have questions or concerns please contact your project officer.
Director, Independent Living Administration