As a recipient of federal funds, your center or SILC is required to have purchasing policies in place which meet the Uniform Guidance/Uniform Administrative Requirements. Your limits for each category can be less, but cannot exceed, these limits. These changes are hot off the press and will be in our updated financial policies and procedures at http://www.ilru.org/il-net-sample-fiscal-policies-and-procedures-handbook
Micro purchases of supplies or services are those that do not exceed $10,000 (these limits will be updated periodically).
Small purchase requirements apply when purchases are between $10,000 and $25,000 (the current level of the Simplified Acquisition Threshold). These amounts will be indexed for inflation.
● Micro purchases shall be distributed among qualified suppliers but don’t generally require competitive quotations.
● Small purchases will be made only after price or rate quotations are obtained from an adequate number of qualified sources. Prices can be obtained from published or online price lists.
Purchases in excess of the Simplified Acquisition Threshold, including services, equipment or supplies, purchases, leased or contracted for require a cost or price analysis (costs analysis evaluates cost components, price analysis evaluates the total price). These purchases shall be made only after receiving, whenever possible, quotations from at least three vendors. Selections shall be recommended to the (finance director, CFO CEO) for approval with quotations attached. Recommendation and selection shall be based on the following criteria:
● A clear and accurate description of the product or service to be purchased
● Skill and experience of key personnel
● Experience providing products or services to THE ORGANIZATION
● Any specific requirements we have included in our solicitation of bids
● Demonstrated commitment to the nonprofit sector
● Information received from vendor references
● Commitment to our time deadlines
● Woman- or minority-owned business or qualified small business
● Preference for products and services that conserve natural resources and protect the environment, to the extent possible
Construction services shall be procured by sealed bids following formal advertising. Contracts shall be awarded to the responsible bidder whose bid conforms with all the material terms and conditions of the request for bids and is the lowest in price. Vendor contracts shall include a written statement that they have not been suspended or debarred from doing business with any federal agency. Alternatively, the Organization shall check the SAM (System for Award Management) vendor database.