IL-NET National Training and Technical Assistance Center for Independent Living at ILRU provides timely and responsive technical assistance (TA) to centers for independent living (CILs) and statewide independent living councils (SILCs). For general questions about finding resources or trainings, please view our website at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 713-520-0232. For more specific questions related to the needs of your organization or improving operational excellence, attend Technical Assistance Office hours with Paula McElwee on the third Thursday of each month from 12pm to 2pm Eastern time. For more immediate assistance, contact the IL-NET Associate Director of Technical Assistance at email@example.com or (559( 250-3082 (Pacific time). She and team of TA consultants can assist with a variety of topics including:
- Business Acumen
- CIL Core Services (IL Skills Training, Information & Referral, Institutional Transition & Diversion, Peer Counseling & Peer Support, Systems & Individual Advocacy, and Transition of Youth)
- Consumer Information Files
- COVID-19 Resources
- Disability, Diversity & Intersectionality
- Evaluation and Outcome Measures
- Expanding Housing Options
- Financial Management
- Gathering, Analyzing & Utilizing Data
- Home and Community-based Services
- Independent Living History & Philosophy
- Program Performance Reporting (PPRs)
- Public Relations & Marketing
- SILC and DSE Roles & Responsibilities
- State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL)
Centers for Independent Living (CILs):
- IL-NET offers peer group technical assistance discussions for:
- Executive Directors – Second Monday of each month
- Assistant Directors, Program Managers, or Middle Managers – Second Tuesday of each month
- CIL Financial Managers – scheduled quarterly
- For one-on-one technical assistance, contact the IL-NET Technical Assistance Associate Director, Paula McElwee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 559-250-3082.
Statewide Independent Living Councils (SILCs):
- ILRU offers peer group technical assistance discussions for:
- SILC staff and members (called SILCSpeak) – First Thursday of each month
- Designated State Entities (DSEs) – scheduled quarterly
- For one-on-one technical assistance, contact the IL-NET Associate Director of Technical Assistance Paula McElwee at email@example.com or 559-250-3082 (Pacific time).
- Peer mentoring is a specific form of individualized training assistance that matches CIL or SILC peers with peers from other CILs or SILCs to offer focused assistance with management and program issues. Peer mentoring offers an opportunity for CIL or SILC staff to strengthen operations or programs by learning from experienced colleagues. Please fill out this short survey if you are interested in learning more about:
- Becoming a mentor and working with an organization to grow their programs or learn how to better run their organization.
- Receiving a mentor to assist with growing a program or improving operations.
Technical assistance provided by the Southwest ADA Center:
- Email ADA Technical Assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 949-4232, for technical assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act provided through the Southwest ADA Center at ILRU.
We are providing the most up-to-the-minute technical assistance as we understand it. You are urged to research this for yourself as well. ILRU cannot be responsible for the success or failure of any Center or SILC to meet emerging or any other requirements.
This website is supported by grant numbers 90ILTA0001 and 90ISTA0001 from the U.S. Administration for Community Living, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C. 20201. Grantees undertaking projects under government sponsorship are encouraged to express freely their findings and conclusions. Points of view or opinions do not, therefore, necessarily represent official Administration for Community Living policy.